Master of Science in Electrical Engineering
University of Colorado Boulder
A top 5 ranked online electrical engineering graduate program, offering transformative industry recognized credentials and performance-based admissions.
*Optimal’s Guide to Online School, 2020 Best Online Master's in Electrical Engineering Degrees in the U.S.
Your education journey can start today by pursuing electrical engineering for-credit courses, graduate certificates, or a full master’s degree from the University of Colorado Boulder.
With performance-based admission, there is no application process—complete the work at the required level and you are admitted to the master’s degree program regardless of your previous academic or work experience. No transcripts, tests, minimum GPAs, or application fees are needed to enroll in the program. You’ll benefit from the affordable and stackable credentials you earn, and pay-as-you-go tuition.
Interested in earning a full master’s degree?
- How to get started - Be sure to select the “Yes” option under the declaration of intent to pursue a degree in the enrollment form.
- How to be admitted - Complete a series of for-credit courses in a “Pathway Specialization” with a cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 3.0 or higher. View the complete course list and syllabus here!
- How to earn the degree - With your completed “Pathway Specialization”, enroll in additional for-credit courses to total 30 credit hours while maintaining a cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 3.0 or higher. Upon successful completion, you will be awarded an official University of Colorado Boulder’s “Master of Science in Electrical Engineering” diploma. No designations on the official transcript or diploma indicate that this is an online program.
Interested in earning a graduate certificate?
- Complete all designated courses with a cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 3.0 or higher.
- Upon successful completion, you will be awarded an official University of Colorado Boulder graduate certificate in Electrical Engineering.
- If you decide to pursue the degree later, you may apply the credit hours earned from your graduate certificate towards the full master’s degree.
Want to take individual courses to build your professional skills?
- Determine which course(s) you would like to take by viewing the course list and syllabus page.
- Complete the enrollment form and pay the tuition.
- Enhance your resume with completed courses and apply what you’ve learned immediately.
What makes this program unique?
No transcripts, no letters of recommendation, no GRE.
Admission is entirely performance-based; no application is required. To earn admission into the degree program, simply demonstrate you can do the work by completing a series of for-credit courses in a “Pathway Specialization” with a cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 3.0 or higher.
You are in charge of your learning journey. Customize your learning experience based on your professional goals by taking only the coursework you need to build credentials that will advance your career, from a full master’s degree, to graduate certificates, to targeted, skill-based course credits.
Choose from 50 courses and counting! Enroll in short, eight-week courses of 0.6 - 1.2 credits to a certificate or complete your choice of 30-credit hours for the master’s degree with pay-as-you-go tuition.
Grow your career by learning from world-class industry experts.
You’ll keep in step with today’s dynamic electrical engineering industry as CU Boulder’s world-class electrical, computer and energy engineering faculty deliver short courses designed for online learning on the Coursera platform.
Learn from world-class electrical engineering faculty including Dr. Robert Erickson, author of the leading textbook on power electronics. The MS-EE curriculum teaches foundational knowledge, applied skills, and the latest technological developments in embedded systems, power electronics, photonics, and more.
Enrollment for the Spring 1 2023 session is now open!
- January 2: Spring 1 Enrollment opens
- January 16: Spring 1 Classes start
- February 24: Spring 1 Enrollment closes
完成此證書後，在您獲得 Master of Science in Electrical Engineering 後，您可以獲得大學學分
Enroll in a course today!
Choose from a selection of courses on power electronics, embedded systems, and photonics and optics, among other topics. Learn at your own pace in term-based sessions via video lectures and apply what you learn through hands-on projects.
To get started, complete the enrollment and pay tuition on a per-credit basis.
About the Program
Any prospective student can enroll and start learning today. With performance-based admissions, no application is required to get started.Learn more about Admissions
Explore a variety of 3-6 week modular courses in power electronics, embedded systems, and photonics and optics.Learn more about Academics
Graduates of the department’s Electrical Engineering programs have gone on to become engineers at Intel, Lockheed Martin, Tesla, and Google.Learn more about Careers
For-credit students taking MS-EE coursework benefit from hands-on learning experiences and a diverse community.Learn more about Student Experience
About the University
The University of Colorado Boulder enables each member of their community to push boundaries, explore the unknown, and change lives.Learn more about University of Colorado Boulder
Try a Course
Test your abilities and practice essential skills by starting with a non-credit course. You can upgrade later to a for-credit course.Learn more about how to try a course
Spring 1 Enrollment opens
Spring 1 Classes start
Spring 1 Enrollment closes
Hear from our students!
Coursera does not grant credit, and does not represent that any institution other than the degree granting institution will recognize the credit or credential awarded by the institution; the decision to grant, accept, or transfer credit is subject to the sole and absolute discretion of an educational institution.